Baby Uly's Birth
Our Standard Service:
Birth Doula Services With Postpartum Support
We take a unique approach when it comes to working with our families. Over the years, we have come to find that our families do better when they have continuous support through birth, labor and postpartum. So we decided we would work with fewer families and instead work more in depth with the families we took on by extending our time with each family through the postpartum transition home. Our visits before and after the birth give parents a greater sense of confidence. You can rest assured that you have help coming not only for birth but also for those first few disorienting weeks with baby.
Birth doula services are offered throughout NYC and include:
- generous communication/guidance from both doulas from hire through birth
- 2 prenatal visits (one from each of us)
- labor support during the birth
- four 3-hour postpartum checkups in the first 2 weeks with a focus on breastfeeding
- postpartum communication/guidance until breastfeeding is well established and baby reaches birth weight
We believe in the old saying - two heads are better than one!
Together we work as a team to elevate the level of service we would be able to offer as individuals. We combine our years of expertise, our various trainings and experiences having served over hundreds of NYC families to be able to address whatever challenges arise throughout birth, labor and postpartum together.
Detailed description of our doula services
We believe that it is very important for the mother, partner and the doulas to have a good chemistry. Therefore, we will meet you for a complimentary consultation, where we have the opportunity to answer your questions and connect. Here is what is included in our services:
- From the point of hire, you have access to both of us through email, phone, text, to guide you through your pregnancy as you get close to birth.
- Around 34 weeks we have our first prenatal meeting when we discuss in detail your birth expectations and wishes and develop your birth preferences.
- Around 37 weeks we have a second prenatal meeting when we practice comfort techniques for labor and develop your postpartum plan.
- The doula on call will provide support by phone in early labor and will come to your home as soon as you need her. Typically, the doula will come to your home and provide labor support until it's time to transfer to the hospital or birthing center, unless you are having a home birth.
- Your doula will provide physical, emotional, and informational support for you during labor and birth. Some of the tools that we use are: suggesting positions, massage, counter-pressure, hot and cold packs, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, breathing techniques, as well as giving the mama plenty of praise and encouragement. Most of all, the doula's presence contributes to a relaxed atmosphere which allows the mother to let go and trust the birth process and the partner to ease into a more natural support role with our guidance.
- After the birth, the doula will stay with you about 1-2 hours, encourage skin-to-skin contact with your baby, and help you with the baby’s first latch and breastfeeding. We will also be in touch in the days following the birth so we can guide you while you establish breastfeeding.
- Within the first 2 weeks of being home, either one of us will come over for four 3hr postpartum checkups where we check in on the mother's recovery, improve the breastfeeding relationship, assist with baby care and home care.
- A typical visit could include: trying different breastfeeding positions, teaching the mama how to use a breast pump, giving the couple time to get a nap or shower in, trying different baby carriers, doing baby's first bath or one of us cooking a set of meals for the week. You have someone with knowledge and experience coming to guide you through the trials and errors of parenting as well as a pair of hands on deck to assist in those first couple of weeks.
- We will guide you through the postpartum challenges through phone/text as needed, for the time we work together.
Our services are $2,450 for the birth and postpartum care. Sometimes reduced rates are possible. Please contact us for additional information. If you are a repeat client, we will do everything in our capability to have you be with the doula you had before.
Our Basic Service:
Birth Doula Services With Limited Postpartum Support
Occasionally we work with families who focus on birth support and less postpartum care. Whether you're working towards a low intervention or natural birth, we use our extensive experience to work closely with you and your partner to create a space of safety and security so that you can tune into your body to let the birthing process take over. We have been trained over the years in various comfort measures and techniques and are excited to tap into your natural coping mechanisms to work through your birth. After supporting hundreds of families, we tap into this expertise to be help you navigate your birth and the unexpected decisions that may arise by being an additional source of information and by providing alternatives that we know of. Postpartum we provide guidance through phone and email and come for a short postpartum visit to check in on breastfeeding.
Birth Doula Services are Offered Throughout NYC and Include:
- Generous communication/guidance from both doulas from hire through birth
- A 2 hour visit from one of us at around 34 weeks that focuses on developing your birth preferences
- A 2 hour visit from one of us at around 37 weeks that focuses on practicing comfort measures and techniques and developing your postpartum plan
- Physical, emotional, and informational support for you during labor and birth
- An emergency backup in the rare case we would be unavailable
- Two postpartum checkups in the first week with a focus on breastfeeding support (about 1.5 hours each)
- Postpartum communication/guidance until breastfeeding is well established and baby reaches birth weight