Postpartum Doula Services in NYC
The first few weeks at home with your baby are more than likely some of the most impactful on the family. We are there to assist with the unique challenges a family faces during this time: a mother's recovery, the milk coming in, learning to breastfeed, learning to understand your baby's needs, etc. Our goal within the first weeks of postpartum is to build confidence in the family through guidance with breastfeeding and baby care and to assist with home care so that your focus can stay on the baby and recovery. Our attention is placed on the mother's physical and emotional well being as well as working with the parents to teach the basics of breastfeeding. We have experience with twins as well as second and third time parents.
Postpartum Services are Offered in NYC and Include:
- Assistance with post birth recovery whether vaginal or cesarean
- Working with the partner to teach how to support a breastfeeding mother
- Connecting the mother to local parent's groups, classes, community etc.
- Assistance with breastfeeding, pumping, hand expression, bottle feeding and breastfeeding outdoors
- Assistance with infant care including cloth diapering, bathing, soothing techniques and umbilical cord care
- Aid in finding a nanny, pediatrician, day care etc.
- Teaching babywearing
- Help around the house including baby laundry and tidying up
- Doing the groceries and healthy meal preparation
- Running errands, putting together baby's essentials
Postpartum Doula Fees:
When hired for just postpartum support, we charge $150/visit and there is a minimum booking of 5 visits, each one up to 3 hours long. Find a package deal here when you book with birth services.