Breastfeeding and Newborn Care Class
There will soon come a day where the birth will finally be over and you will find yourself home alone with your newborn potentially feeling the true weight of the responsibility for a new little being. Soon you will be your own baby's expert. Till then we offer this class as a way to get through the sometimes confusing first few weeks and months of the newborn stage. In the comfort of your own home, we teach the family how to address baby's needs early on and the 2nd half of the class is dedicated to getting breastfeeding off to the right start.
Newborn care topics include:
- Expectations after your baby is born
- What routine procedures you can expect post birth
- Basic infant care, including bathing, diapering, cord care, soothing techniques, sleeping and feeding
- Common health concerns, signs of illness and when to call the pediatrician
Breastfeeding topics include:
- Expectations over the first year with special attention to the first few weeks
- How to successfully initiate breastfeeding at home or in the hospital
- Tips on how to encourage and protect your milk supply
- Common issues that arise and when to reach out for additional support
Private in-home sessions are about 2 hours and the fee is $200.