Childbirth Education Classes
Childbirth Education Overview
We offer private childbirth education classes, in the comfort of your home. This allows us to tailor the class according to your specific needs and topics of interest, and help you customize birth preferences that work best for you.
In the childbirth education class, we teach evidence-based information and we cover materials from well-established childbirth methods such as Lamaze, Bradley, as well as concepts from the Hypnobirthing/Hypnobabies method. We also discuss important issues such as optimal fetal positioning, the wide variety of labor scenarios, what to expect in various hospital settings, how to prevent unnecessary interventions, and how to best prepare for a VBAC.
Childbirth Education topics include:
- Emotions and expectations around birth
- Preparation for birth (Optimal Fetal Positioning)
- Signs of impending labor / beginning of labor
- Understanding the purpose of labor sensations and birthing process
- Stages and phases of labor
- What is measured during a cervical exam?
- Labor positions and comfort techniques
- Medications available during labor and birth
- Common interventions in childbirth
- Preventing an unnecessary cesarean / indications for a cesarean
Childbirth Education fees:
Childbirth Education classes are about 4 hours for a fee of $350.