Childbirth Education Classes
Childbirth Education Overview
We offer private childbirth education classes, in the comfort of your home. This allows us to tailor the class according to your specific needs and topics of interest, and help you customize birth preferences that work best for you.
In the childbirth education class, we teach evidence-based information and we cover materials from well-established childbirth methods such as Lamaze, Bradley, as well as concepts from the Hypnobirthing/Hypnobabies method. We also discuss important issues such as optimal fetal positioning, the wide variety of labor scenarios, what to expect in various hospital settings, how to prevent unnecessary interventions, and how to best prepare for a VBAC.
Childbirth Education topics include:
- Emotions and expectations around birth
- Preparation for birth (Optimal Fetal Positioning)
- Signs of impending labor / beginning of labor
- Understanding the purpose of labor sensations and birthing process
- Stages and phases of labor
- What is measured during a cervical exam?
- Labor positions and comfort techniques
- Medications available during labor and birth
- Common interventions in childbirth
- Preventing an unnecessary cesarean / indications for a cesarean
Childbirth Education fees:
- Childbirth Education Intensive class: 4 hours session for a fee of $350 (or two 2-hour sessions)
- This class will teach you the stages and phases of the birthing process, review and practice comfort techniques, and explain common hospital interventions, including induction and cesarean.
- Childbirth Education Refresher: 3 hours session for a fee of $275
- This class is tailored for parents who went through birth before and would like to review the basics of the labor process. We will review possible labor scenarios (which can be different from the first time), tips on comfort techniques and avoiding unnecessary interventions. We will also guide you through your options during the birth, help you create a list of birth preferences and share tips in communicating with the hospital staff.
- Childbirth Education Refresher and VBAC Preparation: 3 hours for a fee of $275
- This class is designed for supporting pregnant women in their VBAC journeys. It includes a refresher on the basics of the birthing process, with a special focus on the specifics of a VBAC birth. We will especially focus on avoiding (if possible) the circumstances that previously led to the cesarean birth and focus on the things you can do to .
- Childbirth Education and Partner Coaching: 4 hours session for a fee of $350 (or two 2-hour sessions)
- This class will teach you the stages and phases of the birthing process, with a special focus on partner coaching. We will review and practice comfort techniques and offer the partner practical tips in supporting the laboring mom. We will also explain common hospital interventions, including induction and cesarean, and we will share communication and advocating tools to use if necessary.