Baby Uly's Birth
Labor Services with Postpartum Support
We take a unique approach when it comes to working with our families. After having supported hundreds of families, we have found that they do better when they have continuous support through birth, labor and postpartum. So we decided we would work with fewer families and instead work more in depth with the families we took on by extending our time with them through the postpartum transition by offering 2 packages. Whether you're working towards a low intervention or natural birth, we use our extensive experience to work closely with you and your partner to create a space of safety and security so that you can tune into your body to let the birthing process take over. Postpartum we provide guidance through phone and email and come for at home checkups that focus on the mother's recovery, breastfeeding and crossing significant baby milestones. Our visits before and after the birth give parents a greater sense of confidence. You can rest assured that you have help coming not only for birth but also for those first few potentially disorienting weeks with baby at home.
We believe that it is very important for the mother, partner and the doulas to have a good chemistry. Therefore, we will meet you for a complimentary consultation, where we have the opportunity to answer your questions and connect. Here is what is included in our services:
Labor Support for Either Package Below:
- From the point of hire, both of us guide you through your pregnancy through email, phone, text as needed.
- At around 34 weeks, our first prenatal meeting gives us the chance to understand your birth vision and develop your birth preferences.
- At around 37 weeks, the second prenatal meeting lets us practice comfort techniques for labor and develop your postpartum plan.
- The doula on call will provide support by phone in early labor and will come when needed to your home or hospital to provide labor support.
- Some of the tools that we use are: suggesting positions, massage, counter-pressure, hot and cold packs, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, breathing techniques, as well as giving the mama plenty of praise and encouragement. Most of all, the doula's presence contributes to a relaxed atmosphere which allows the mother to let go and trust the birth process and the partner to ease into a more natural support role with our guidance.
- After the birth, the doula will stay with you about 1-2 hours, encourage skin-to-skin contact with your baby, and help you with the baby’s first latch. We will also be in touch in the days following the birth so we can guide you while you establish breastfeeding.
Our Standard Service of 1 month of Postpartum Support Includes:
- Within the first month of being home, either one of us will come over for 4 postpartum checkups up to 3 hours long, where we check in on the mother's recovery, improve the breastfeeding relationship, assist with baby care and home care.
- A month of postpartum support gives you the ability to:
- Focus on the mother's recovery with postpartum sitz baths, vaginal ice packs, postpartum massage and healthy meal prep
- Establish strong breastfeeding technique by improving the latch through many practice sessions and practicing all the positions
- Work on soothing techniques including infant massage and babywearing to get through the 2nd and 4th week growth spurts
- Have support for the week the partner has to return back to work
- Have a guide with you through baby's firsts like the first bath, the first bottle feed or baby's first outing
- Learn how and when to use a breast pump and if necessary, make a storage plan for returning back to work
- And all the while, we will be there for phone/email/text support for reassurance and to answer all the questions that arise that first month.
Our fee for birth and one month of postpartum support is $3,400. Sometimes reduced rates are possible for repeat clients, please contact us for additional information.
Our Basic Service of 1 week of Postpartum Support Includes:
- Within the first week of being home, either one of us will come over for two postpartum visits for up to 2 hours long.
- A week of postpartum support gives you the ability to
- Focus on the mother's recovery with postpartum sitz baths, vaginal ice packs, and light postpartum massage
- Establish strong breastfeeding technique by improving the latch through many practice sessions and practicing all the position
- Generous support and guidance through text, phone and email through that first week of being at home
Our fee for birth and one week of postpartum support is $2,900. Sometimes reduced rates are possible, please contact us for additional information.