Seasoned Doula (26-75 births attended)
Birth and Postpartum Doula, Certified Breastfeeding Counselor, Childbirth Educator
Experience with: Single parents, LGBTQ families, BIPOC families, hospital birth, unmedicated birth, high risk pregnancies
Kate is a certified birth and postpartum doula, breastfeeding counselor and childbirth educator. She is also trained as an Integrative Lactation and Feeding Specialist, which focuses on a holistic approach to helping meet families where they are at in their feeding journey. She provides inclusive, judgement-free support to all families. Kate believes the birth and postpartum periods are beautiful, unique and vulnerable and considers it to be a great honor to be present in supporting folks as their families grow.
Kate lives in Flatbush, Brooklyn with her partner Morgan, their baby Clementine and fur-baby Gus. Originally from Philly, Kate comes from a huge loving family (that has 8 kids and lots of pets) and has been in childcare since her teenage years. She’s worked as a babysitter and as a nanny, throughout her life and the birth world was a natural transition. She loves to cook delicious, nutritious postpartum meals for the families she supports! Kate is also trained as a comedic improviser and finds improv skills are extremely valuable when it comes to raising a family and supporting others while they do so.
Birth Support Package: $2,400
- Phone/text/email support from the time of hiring
- 2 prenatal sessions
- Continuous support throughout the duration of your labor
- 2 postpartum visits (3 hrs each)
- Postpartum support ($60/hr)
- Cooking visits ($200/visit)
Sliding Scale Community Support: $2,000-2,400
* Kate offers sliding scale community support in the following situations: single parents, teen parents, people who are unemployed or underemployed, and members of the BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+ community. When you pay our standard fees, you are supporting a fair, living wage aligned with our level of experience and education. When you pay a sliding scale, you are allowing your community to hold and support you. Both are acceptable ways of participating and we are honored to be a part of your journey. Everyone deserves a doula’s support and care.
“Kate was a wonderful doula from prenatal visits to postpartum! I felt supported during the entire journey of pregnancy into new parenthood. I particularly appreciated Kate’s sense of humor, her groundedness, and her knowledge of labor and birth. I had a very long labor and she supported me the entire time which empowered me to feel calm and capable through labor and delivery. My partner was also very thankful to be able to share caring for me with someone who had been through the birth process before. – Emily H.
“We were lucky to have Kate help us out through the postpartum period. She came in confident and took over and that was really needed, can’t stress having the professional support enough. She was great with our baby and made lots of yummy foods, would highly recommend Kate to anyone looking for support!! You won’t regret it.” – Dahlia G.